Just like magazines influence women to be a size 0 while wearing glamorous outfits, expensive perfume, and Jimmy Choo’s, society has, for centuries, placed importance on the size of a man’s penis.
And while it’s been said that the average woman desires an average-sized penis, many men are going to extreme lengths to…improve their length.
But is there an actual technique that works when it comes to penis enlargement?
Welcome to the world of jelqing – it’s an interesting one, for sure.
What is Jelqing?
Jelqing is a technique that doesn’t require any fancy pumps or expensive tools. In fact, all you’ll need is your hand, some lube, a private space, a semi-hard penis, and some free time.
What is jelqing? Jelqing is the act of stroking the penis in an attempt to increase the size.
How Does One Jelq?
Firstly, one should be warmed up (take a bath or use a warm washcloth) before attempting to jelq. A man should not be fully erect, but rather have an erection of about 70% in order to jelq.
They will then hold their penis with their hand in such a way it resembles the “OK” sign (the thumb and forefinger touching), and apply slight pressure (without squeezing) while stroking the penis upwards.
It’s important to use enough lubricant while jelqing as not to cause any damage to the penis.
The act of moving from the base to the tip should take around three seconds. It’s suggested that one engages in this technique for 10 to 15 minutes, four to five times a week.
This is done in an attempt to increase the blood flow to the penis, which is said to increase one’s length.
Note: jelqing should not be done as a means or in the style of male masturbation.
Where Does The Technique Come From?
The act of jelqing is said to go back to ancient Middle East when fathers would teach their sons the technique in order to make them more attractive to women in hopes of finding a wife.
Today, the technique is still alive and well, with forums, videos, and step-by-step guides on how to jelq.
Does Jelqing Work?
According to professionals and a lack of concrete studies, jelqing has been found to have some disappointing results.
It is said that jelqing doesn’t actually work but rather, comes with a few negative side effects.
Dr. Jennifer Wider, M.D. and author, weighs in on the matter by saying:
“I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there’s not a whole lot of scientific evidence that proves that any of these penile enlargement techniques—from stretching to pills to creams—actually work.”
She goes on to say:
“And if they work a little bit, the side effect risk far outweighs any potential benefit.”
Negative Side Effects of Jelqing
- If not warmed up before practicing jelqing, it could cause small purple or red spots on the penis. This is due to broken blood capillaries.
- If one jelqs on a regular basis, it could cause the tip of the penis, in circumcised men, to appear a lot larger from a buildup of fluid. This then gives off the appearance of a ‘donut’. The swelling will however disappear after a few hours after jelqing is discontinued.
To prevent this, be sure to use enough lubricant.
But Actually, You Can Get Your Penis Looking Bigger…
In short—jelqing, penis pumps, and other marketed medications (like the companies that spam your inbox or the slightly hilarious animations you see on porn websites) don’t physically increase the size of one’s penis.
But, there are actually a few ways in which to make the penis appear bigger:
- Lose weight: For those who are overweight, losing a few pounds around the stomach area can not only make one’s penis look bigger, but can actually improve erections.
- Practice pelvic floor exercises: by simply practicing pelvic floor exercises, one can increase their erections.
To do this:
- Lie down with knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Arms should be at the side.
- Exhale and squeeze the pelvic muscle for three seconds.
- Inhale and release for three seconds.
- Manscape: by trimming or removing all hair from the genital region, a man’s penis can appear a lot larger. Pubic hair that covers the scrotum and base of the penis literally hides some of its length.
Best Ways to Please a Woman With a Smaller Penis
It’s important to note that many men feel that they’re too small, but in actuality, are of perfectly normal size.
In fact, a survey conducted by UCLA of 2,500 men revealed that almost half wished they had a bigger penis, even when they met the normal size range (5.6 inches when erect).
But, for men who feel their penis is on the small scale, there are various sexual positions that can increase satisfaction in the bedroom.
- Doggy style: When having doggy style sex, have the receiver widen their legs. This is because it spreads the butt cheeks wider, removing any additional padding.
- Use your fingers: One simply cannot go wrong with using fingers. And actually, women have been said to orgasm via a variety of other sexual acts other than penetration.
- Sex toys: Using a sex toy in the bedroom is not only a way to spice things up, but also a way in which to feel more confident for those who aren’t happy with the size of their penis.
And even if the size is completely adequate, sex toys are still a fun way to enjoy play time!
So, what’s the take away from today’s sexual health lesson? Avoid fancy contraptions and age-old techniques that guarantee a bigger penis—they don’t work.
Instead, get moving, use your creativity in the bedroom, and practice your pelvic floor exercises. Sex can and will be enjoyed no matter the size of one’s penis.
Check this out: Ideas for Sex Games and Kinky Accessories